IBARA SEIKI and SDGs
We aim to create a society where we can continue
to live by resolving various social issues.
What are SDGs (sustainable development goals)
They are global goals that aim for a better and more sustainable world by 2030 as described in the “2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development” that was adopted at the UN Summit in September 2015, as a successor to the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) that were formulated in 2001. SDGs are composed of 17 goals and 169 targets, pledging to “Leave No One Behind” on the planet.
SDGs, which are universal, are to be addressed not only in developing countries but also in developed countries, and Japan is also tackling them actively.
Connection between our management philosophy and SDGs
Creation of job satisfaction
Opportunities for growth are provided to employees and
the realization of their well-being is supported.
Growth of humanity through work
IBARA SEIKI has its own human resources development system based on the idea that employee growth is connected to the growth of the company.
- Subsidies related to acquisition of qualifications and incentives when qualifications are obtained
- Distribution of original booklets for correspondence courses to all employees once every six months
- Posting of a list of qualified persons at each base
- Promotion of in-house communication through challenge sheets
Overseas deployment of technology and know-how cultivated in Japan
- Creation of employment at overseas bases (China and Indonesia)
- Overseas licensing of technology (China and Thailand)
We carry out manufacturing friendly to the global environment.
Cutting company pursuing “less cutting”
We promote environmentally friendly manufacturing, such as introduction of method to reduce environmental load
- Reduction of material and machining allowance by cold forging
- ISO14001 certification
- Initiatives for CO2 reductions
Creation of social and economic values
We aim to be a company that enhances company value and
at the same time enriches the lives of its employees by resolving social issues.
Toward an existence of being needed from around the world
Toward realizing a sustainable society, we tackle what we can do now.
- Social problem-solving type new businesses
- Selected as a one of the Companies Driving Regional Growth
- Development and sale of disinfection stands with a desire to see that the novel coronavirus infection will cease to be a threat.
Contribution to a sustainable society
We aim to be a company that brings people together full
of smiles, that leaves no one behind.
Bringing people together full of smiles
Thinking about what we can do for local communities and the world, and acting accordingly.
- SDGs Promotion Committee
- Local contribution activities (internship, road adopt activities (road beautification activities))
Being aware of our responsibility as a corporate citizen,
we comply with not only laws and regulations but also moral rules.
Toward realizing diversity
We are actively striving toward the realization of diversity not because of predetermined rules, but because it is a matter of necessity.
- Initiatives for realization of a society where women play an active role (Click here for details)
- Promotion of employment of people with disabilities
- Creation of a comfortable working environment (reduction of overtime hours, hourly paid leave system, flextime system, and promotion of telework) (Click here for details)
Plan to reduce the upper limit of overtime hours
|78 hours||76 hours||74 hours||72 hours||70 hours|